Yikes...I can't believe it is Tuesday again! Where do the days go??? I don't know about you but mine are flying by...way too fast for me to keep up.
What I've learned this week, well...it has been enlightening!
- I thought I lived a boring life since all the "kid" activities have died down to one sport a year, no snotty noses to wipe, no diapers to change, no entertaining the kiddos, no dinner parties, very few school functions...for someone who lives a boring life...it sure is busy and I still never get to sit down!
- That "something" that brings great pleasure to you and/or your life can become a burden when your attitude become "sour".
- That as much as I love my wonderful job and have a wonderful opportunity to work from home with a absolutely great boss...in the spring...I resent having to work. I don't mind in the winter when it is cold and nasty outside, but I am an "outdoorsy" person and don't want to be cooped up inside when it is beautiful outside. I don't get wintertime blues....I get spring blues because I hate working in the spring, summer and fall. Yes, I am very thankful for my job BUT...I wish I could take my laptop outside and do it :-)
- That I never realized how much I hated doing income taxes!
- The year that I no longer have to do income taxes on rental property...will be a joyous year!!!
- That getting up, getting ready to go to work for 8-10 hours in my own home is extremely hard when we don't have to get up and get ready for school. Yes, I like being able to work in my pj's but I don't work as efficiently.
- That overseeing the renovations of the Children's wing at church is going to be bigger than I could have imagined and you will not make everyone happy with the color you chose to paint their Sunday School room. :-(
- That is never fails to rain when I completely detail both my car and Roger's truck on Friday...it pours rain on Saturday!
- AND....I thought by this age and point in our marriage that we would be cruising steadily toward those retirement years...oh, no....we are on a downhill, slippery slope and things are speeding up and I don't want to miss any memory making moments.
For more inspiring moments in our lives...visit Jo-Lynne at Musings of a Housewife!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!