Tuesday, January 27, 2009

~Yum, Yum Recipe Time~

I said last week that I wanted to share a new healthy recipe each week but I had intended to do this on Sundays but might not workout that way. Oh, well...whatever day of the week that I can squeeze time in to post one I will....ok?

Todays wonderful recipe is from a cookbook that I bought years ago when we went on the dirty word thing...you know....shhhhh....diet. The name of the cookbook is Natoma's Low Fat Home Style Cooking. It has some yummy ones in it also.

Here's this week's recipe for you ladies~ hope try it and let me know...a lot like Chicken Spaghetti.

Ziesty Chicken Casserole
** My personal comments are in red**

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

4-6 chicken breast...(they call for whole fryer but it has dark meat and that's not good for you)


Remove the skin from the chicken breast before boiling it.
Put in large stockpot and cook until it is done.
Remove and set it aside the chicken breast to cool, then once cool...debone and dice
Place the chicken broth in the refrigerator to cool.

After it cools...skim off the fat that has risen to the top and hardened.

Cook 12 ounces of thin spaghetti
(I used Smart Taste...the same brand the Biggest Loser Book calls for....very healthy)

1 Cup of finely diced onions 2 cups celery-finely diced (I chop fine cause my family don't like to find it in their food)
**Because my family doesn't like their onions or celery crunchy...I cook the celery, onions and spaghetti together to soften them
If your casserole is too dry...use some of the broth to moisten it2 cans of famous brand tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel)...drained and chopped (**again, I only use 1 because hubby doesn't like it hot)

1 can of cream of mushroom soup...get the low fat..(I used generic in this)
1 cup of skim milk
In a large container: stir together all of the ingredients...diced chicken, mushroom soup, onion, celery, Rotel, milk. Stir the together until well blended, then add the cooked pasta and blend it thoroughly. Salt and pepper to taste.

Place this in to a casserole dish that has been sprayed with olive oil in a spray bottle, not Pam with the Propellents in it.

Bake in the preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes he gets to bubbling and starting to brown on top some. It is up to you whether you sprinkled cheddar cheese or something like that one the top after taking it out of the oven.

Perfect to be served with corn on the cob, a simple salad, healthy bread or rolls. It is very filling and very healthy.

Less than 5 gm of Fat in a serving.

Enjoy!!!

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to try this for sure, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should totally try that for my dad...he is always doing some kind of diet. Ugh.
    Sounds delish though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones