Saturday, November 15, 2008

Then Sings My Soul Saturday~Blood Bought Church

This is my first time to participate in "Then Sings My Soul Saturdays"...so here goes.

This song takes me back to when my 22 year old son was only 3 years old. Our pastor's wife used to sing this frequently in church and Brandon fell in love with this song from the first time he hear it. When she would sing this song...he would stand up on the pew and sing every single word right along with her. Her name was Debbie and since we had several Debbies in our church and one being his Sunday School teacher...the first time she sang it...she was wearing a red dress. From that day forward, he always called her Red Debbie and would ask her all the time to "sing dat song wred debbie....brood bought church".

This song will get your foot tapping, your heart singing and your spirit praising what an AWESOME GOD WE SERVE because WE HAVE BEEN BOUGHT WITH THE VERY BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST. Oh, how I love Him so.

SCROLL DOWN AND PAUSE MY MUSIC FIRST! ENJOY!!!

For more "Then Sings My Soul Saturdays"...click here.

7 comments:

  1. I was in the middle of typing a comment, and all of a sudden, my computer kicked me off the internet. I'm back again now.

    I wasn't able to figure out how to get to your song, so I have no idea what your song for today is.

    The song I remember most from my early Christian days is "Praise the Lord" by the Imperials. That is probably my favorite Christian song of all time.

    By the way, I was scrolling all the way down your sidebar. I'm wondering, is your husband a policeman? Looks like a police uniform.

    Blessings on your day,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if that doesn't get you stomping your feet - I just guess maybe your dead! One of my favorite old time favorites!

    Welcome to TSMSS!

    love ya, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer! I'm Jennifer as well! I love how all of the audience was so into the song and feeling the spirit of the Lord! Very good video!! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a joyful song! I pray that churches all across America tomorrow morning will be singing with the same spirit and freedom of praise. Jennifer, I want to remind you that the Holy Spirit used Red Debbie and this song to plant seeds of faith in your young son's heart and God will not let him forget it. God is working and we give Him praise! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the story about your son that goes with this beautiful song!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so pitiful for just now realizing that this is the award you had for me!! I came and looked and looked and could not find it. I feel so badly for not properly thanking you!! Thank you so so much. I will soon have to do an awards post on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones