Friday, August 29, 2008

My Heart's Longings

My heart has been full of many longings lately. It has been very heavy at times like a huge weight is sitting on my chest...literally, pulling downward on my heart...sometimes...like a sinking feeling. I am so thankful that I can take each and every one of these longings to my Heavenly Father, lay them at His feet and trust Him to do His perfect Will in my life and with each of these longings. I want to share some of them with you.

My heart has been longing for:

  • all my children to serve Jesus Christ in their everyday lives
  • Tyler to grow bigger, stronger...a longing in his heart too (sports)
  • spend more time with each one of our children and son-in-law
  • Tyler to continue to be a leader with morals and values...the minority right now in our schools
  • spend more time with our grandson
  • continue to develop new relationships with people that I've known for a long time but haven't gotten to "know" them and meet new friends
  • step outside my comfort zone...live outside the box
  • have friends over for a great time of fellowship
  • a simplified life
  • less hectic work schedules...God has already begun to answer that prayer...husband has awesome new job for a wonderful Christian man who speaks God's Word daily to his employees and writes Biblical messages on the board for them, comes home for lunch, home by 5:30 PM, gets to watch Ty practice football with boss's blessing, can go into the police department to work a shift with his boss's permission to leave early, can take Tyler to school in the mornings, can pick the boys up from football practice, no more interstate travel (works 5 miles from home), no more out of town travels and very little stress....He's happy at work. God is so good! We have been praying for this for quite some time now.
  • get out of the investment property business...rental houses...this is well on it's way to being complete as well....PTL!
  • to know where my other son is...for him to contact his mom who loves him more than her own life and who would give her life for him to return to the Lord...get his life right with God
  • be more involved in helping others
  • to be used by God to help the hurting because of my life's experiences
  • restored relationships with family and friends
  • a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ
  • a deeper knowledge of God's Word

These are just some of the longings that are very precious and very real in my heart and in my spirit right now.

Psalms 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. (NIV)

Psalms 37:4 Keep company with GOD, get in on the best. (Message)

Psalms 37:4 Seek your happiness in the LORD, and he will give you your heart's desire. (GN)

What's your heart's desires or longings today? Tell your Heavenly Father what you long for, trust Him, obey His leading and let Him do the rest.

Have a blessed weekend...Happy Labor Day!

Jennifer

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones