Are you fighting a losing battle today? Is there a situation that seems impossible right now in your life? Is there an adversary whether in the spirit or in the flesh lurking in the shadows to cause harm to you or your family?
- No matter how hard you try to get ahead in your job, to get that promotion, be recognized as a valued employee, get a raise...someone or something keeps knocking you back down or holding you back from advancement?
- Is there someone (co-worker, friend, church member, family member) who "plays" nicey nice to your face but buries the knife in your back the first opportunity they can
- Is there a neighbor who is envious of what they "think" you have or the life they "assume" you live and bad mouths you to others?
- Does it seem the harder you try to get out of debt, the more unexpected and costly things keep happening in your life?
- Have the doctors have said "there is no cure, we've done all we can, we can't change what is happening to you"?
- Is there a family member who is constantly stirring up strife in your family, calling you out and putting you down?
- Do you have a "friend" who has betrayed your trust and confidence that you put in them and told your deepest secrets to others?
- Have you or are you are being unfairly sued for something that you didn't do?
- Is your spouse is unwilling to put your marriage and your family first?
- Are your children are under attack by others at school and they are saying mean, vindictive things to and about your child?
- Have you finally begun to see the light at the end of the financial tunnel when the pipes burst due to cold weather, the furnace went out, the car's engine messed up, your hours got cut at work, you or your spouse lost your job, there was an medical emergency or something that attacked your finances again?
- Is your teenager(s) are rebelling, refusing to comply with the rules of your home, acting out, being verbally abusive to you as a parent?
- Is your child is starting to hang around undesirable crowds, their grades are dropping and you can't seem to get through to them?
- Do you feel like you are sinking into a black hole of depression and there is no life line to grab on to ?
- Do you have adult children who are not living for the Lord and refuse to heed your warnings, refuse to go to church but instead say they love the life that they are living?
In my Bible reading yesterday, I read Psalm 35. I posted a couple of scriptures on my Facebook but I couldn't get away from the impact those verses had on me.
I began to think about all the situations that I listed above and there are so many more and when I thought of these...I felt like I was drowning...fighting a losing battle.
This is exactly the position that the enemy wants us to be in...feeling vunerable, weak, helpless, lost, defeated. BUT, that is not what the Word of God says.
Can you picture this? As a Child of God...when someone comes against you with our cause and attacks you or your family...God immediately goes to battle for you.
Contend, O LORD, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me. (2) Take up shield and buckler; arise and come to my aid.
May those who seek my life be disgraced and put to shame; may those who plot my ruin be turned back in dismay. (5) May they be like chaff before the wind, with the angel of the LORD driving them away; (6) may their path be dark and slippery, with the angel of the LORD pursuing them.
vs. 7-8 (These scriptures we stood on during a lawsuit & God delivered the victory)
Since they hid their net for me without cause and without cause dug a pit for me, (8) may ruin overtake them by surprise - may the net they hid entangle them, may they fall into the pit, to their ruin.
Isaiah 54:17 (Message)
but no weapon that can hurt you has ever been forged. Any accuser who takes you to court will be dismissed as a liar. This is what GOD's servants can expect. I'll see to it that everything works out for the best." GOD's Decree.
2 Corninthians 10:3-5 NIV)
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
I've always heard it said..."it is the darkest before the dawn" and I know for a fact that in those very dark hours, days, weeks, months and even, years...you want to give up, quit, throw in the towel BUT, all God ask us to do is to give it to Him and let Him fight our battles for us.
The sun will shine again and only because we allow the Son to shine into our darkest hours...the enemy has to flee because he can't handle the light...God's light, His Son will shine brightly so that we can see the right path to take and He will guide us every step of the way out of the dark and into the light.
Today, it is my choice to allow God to fight my battles, the unjust attacks made on me and my family, the ugly things that are said behind my back to others (whether I ever know of them or not), my financial situations, my marriage, my children and every attack that the enemy brings in whatever form he chooses to use...God has a counter attack already in place and waiting for me to relinquish the control, turn it all over to Him and FIGHT THE ENEMY FOR ME. I am no longer fighting a losing battle but I AM WINNING THE WAR, IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST.
Have a wonderfully blessed day!