Monday, November 9, 2009

Which One Am I Seeking Today?

Pastor Rusty had an awesome text devotion this morning and I asked him if I could post it on my blog and with his permission...here it is.

In chapter 6, Solomon asked God to make provisions for the people when they sinned. God answered with four conditions for forgiveness: (1) Humble yourself by admitting your sins, (2) pray to God, asking for forgiveness, (3) seek God continually, and (4) turn from sinful behavior.

True repentance is more than talk - it is changed behavior. Whether we sin individually, as a group, or as a nation, following these steps will lead to forgiveness. God will answer our earnest prayers.

The Lord has been challenging me to stop seeking His HANDS and start seeking His FACE. When I seek His hands, I am seeking what He can do for FOR me. When I seek His face, I am seeking what He can do IN me. When I am seek His hands, I am serving Him because of His blessings. When I seek His face, I am serving God because I love Him. Hands represent blessings. Face represents intimate relationship.

Wow...that was powerful and it spoke volumes to me today. I stopped and asked myself..."what have I been seeking with God...His hands or His face.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jenn...hope you are having a wonderful Monday! Loved what you said about seeking His face and not His hands. Wow. -love Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great sermon topic and lesson to learn. Too often it's easy to confess but then not change or turn completely from that behavior. And yet that is true repentance; turning 180 degrees. The Lord is doing work within me as I go through some personal trials but I love that I know it is for my good.

    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right, this was a wonderful devotion....By the way...You and your husband look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones