I know that I have posted about this many times before but here I go again!
Where has time gone? Oh, my...my heart is hurting and it is bursting with pride...all at the same time.
This is my baby...my last child at home...then my home will be empty. Yes, it will be in 3 more years but they will be gone before we know it.
To me...it was just yesterday that I held him in my arms for the very first time and today, I just dropped him off at school to begin a new phase of his life and one that is quickly coming to a close for me...High School and his sophomore year.
It is a mother thing! I have talked to several mothers and we feel the sadness that our children are growing up too fast but yet, fathers...don't seem to notice or mind. They are looking forward to the next phase of their lives...more money in their pockets...well, after college that is! LOL! No, I know Roger will miss Tyler when he goes off to college but it is different for us mothers.
It is a chapter of my life that is closing and will never be reopened again...NEVER. I can be a grandmother, mother-in-law, friend...whatever, but never will be raising a child at home. Yes, they might come back home later but that is still not the same because then...they are adults living under your roof not a child or a teenager looking, listening and hopefully, applying your wisdom and knowledge to their lives...not that young adults can't but it's not the same.
It was just yesterday that...
* my son was born
* that he took his first steps
* spoke his first word
* went to preschool
* started kindergarten
* played his first game of t-ball
* played his first game of peewee basketball
* brought home his first report card
* brought home his first homemade Christmas ornament...which still hangs on the tree
* went to church camp
* played his first game of flag football
* played his first game of contact football
* went through elementary school
* went through intermediate school
* went through middle school
* became a member of the youth group
* played 7th grade school football
* went through jr. high school
* played 8th and 9th grade football
* ran jr. high track
* went on his first youth missions trip
* got his driver's license
* learned to speak Spanish
AND NOW: ENTERED 10th GRADE TODAY
* is on the senior high football team
* drives my car
* is taller than me now
* got an iPhone and I don't
* been allowed to go with friends with them driving and no adult...ugh!
* has had to make some hard decisions so far as a teenager
* still makes awesome grades
* is carrying a full load of classes including 4 advanced classes
* taking Spanish II
* is active in our youth group and loves it
* juggles homework, football and church with ease plus has time for XBox :-)
* still loves to spend time with his parents and go on trips with us
* loves Jesus and invites his friends to church with him...football team mates
I am so proud of Tyler...he has grown into a very responsible, Christian young man. He is a leader, giving, well-mannered, polite, considerate, family oriented, excellent student, thoughtful, friends with everyone, fun loving and handsome young man. Is it obvious...just how much we love him and how very, very proud we are of him? I hope so...because we are:)
Have a wonderfully blessed day!