This has been a difficult weekend for me. I am battling with a situation that I no longer have any control of because it is not my decision to make. It is very difficult for me to be supportive of this decision because I "feel" they are making a mistake that they will regret.
I have been disappointed, angry, frustrated and somewhat depressed all weekend over this choice that is about to be made. I have prayed and prayed...poured my heart out to God. The feelings are very overwhelming...such a sense of sadness has overtaken me...a feeling of grief, so to speak.
- Is it a life or death issue? No.
- Is it one that is life changing? No, not really..I guess, it would depend on how you look at it. Life changing but not earth shattering.
- Is it more of my dreams, goals and beliefs in life? Probably.
- Does it, in general, go against everything that I believe in? Yes.
- Does this decision affect others too? Yes.
- Does it have to affect others? No, not really, but it does me.
- Would anyone else understand how I am feeling? No...that is definite by the discussions that have taken place all weekend and it has gotten to the point of ...no conversation.
- Have I tried to shed my light of wisdom on the subject? Yes...tirelessly.
- Has it done any good? No.
- Do I feel any better about it? No.
- Is it something that I will have to accept regardless of whether I agree with it? Yes...but it will definitely take time.
- Am I still praying that they will see things differently before they make a decision that they can't change back? Absolutely...there is still hope until it is done.
- Do I want what I "think" is best for this person? Without a doubt...their best interest for now and the future are always first and foremost...even though, I have been told I was selfish.
I'm praying for a different outcome for this situation this week. I am praying that they see things with the same belief in themself as I do. I believe that you can do anything you set your mind to with the right attitude, application and hard work.Have a wonderfully blessed day!