Saturday, February 28, 2009

Show and Tell Saturday

Welcome to Show and Tell Saturday...our host, Kim at Homesteaders Heart has set the theme this week as a book that has inspsired you to be better than who you are (other than the Bible). Hopefully, I'm not the only one who is cheating but I can't pick just one book...it has taken several to help me to be a better wife, mother, friend and Child of God.

My picks today are for becoming a better wife: His Needs Her Needs by Willard E. Harley, Jr., and Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. As a better mother of a teenager: Every Day I Pray For My Teenager by Eastman Curtis and as a friend and Child of God: Total Forgiveness by R. T. Kendall. The other book...A Book of Prayer by Stormie Omartian is a book of all the prayers that Stormie Ormartian has written in The Power of a Praying Woman, The Prayer That Changes Everything, Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On, The Power of a Praying Wife and The Power of a Praying Parent. This is an awesome, handy little book...packed full of prayers for praying the Word of God over your situation.

The book for praying for you teenager...is not just for teenagers but can be used for children of all ages and adult children as well. This is an awesome scripture filled, very powerful prayers on every single subject or situation that involves our teenagers and what they are facing in our world today. It has 5 sections: Spiritual Life, Bondage-Breaking Prayers, Relationships, School Needs and Life Skills. Example topics: Spiritual...The Call of God, Confidence, Grace and Favor, Renewing of the Mind and Resisting Temptation (29 in this section). Bondage-Breaking...Abortion (had or contemplating), Addictions, Anxiety, Cult Influence, Gangs, Hate, Promiscuity and so many more (42 in this section alone). Relationships...Acceptance, Controlling Sexual Desires, Dating Standards, Disloyalty From Friends, Future Spouse and Peer Pressure (34 in this section). School Needs...Academic Achievements, Cheating, Choosing a College/Major, Favor Among Peers, Favor in Sports and Teacher Relationships (15 in this section) and Life Skills...Budgeting Finances, Career Choices, Employer/Employee Relationships and Preparing for the Future (12 in this section).

If you are battling with unforgiveness or if you are angry for "no" reason...check out this book...Total Forgiveness. I have blogged about it and how God delivered me from many things that I never thought I had a problem with concerning forgiveness. Awesome book! To read more about my battle with forgiveness...click here.

I will just ordered yesterday from Amazon another copy of Every Day I Pray For My Teenager and A Book of Prayer to be used as a giveaway coming soon.

I also pre-ordered Stormie's new book The Power of Praying for Your Adult Children Book of Prayer...due out in July. I know many of us have adult children that aren't living for the Lord and I think this book will be an awesome tool in praying effectively for our adult children.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

6 comments:

  1. All of those books look wonderful and I will have to watch out for that giveaway because that sounds like a needed book! It's okay to cheat on this my friend. I'm loving all these little book reviews. It's what I hoped would happen.
    Blessings to you and have a great weekend!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT A GREAT IDEA TO PUT A PICTURE OF THEM! I ALSO LOVE STORMY'S BOOK. HAVE IT TOO AND HAVE GIVEN EXTRA COPIES OUT TO FRIENDS.

    HUGS FROM MAINE

    http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your books:) Your heart's desire to share with and encourage others is evident and I appreciate this about you:) May you have a wonderful weekend! Blessings! Amanda:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Stormie's book about the praying wife but I do not have the others. I find that I can borrow alot of Christian books from the library but sometimes you just want to have your own copy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like some great books Ms. Jenn. :o) And what a smart idea to take pictures of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones