Monday, December 8, 2008

~Awards Day~

I received this wonderful award from Momstheword, Bogie and Heather and being that I truly love CHRISTmas...I think it fits me quite well.

Here are the rules:
- You must be a true Christmas lover to receive this award.- The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with Christmas.- You must link back to the person who gave you the award.- You must list 5 things that you love about Christmas. If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space! :o)- Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 45; it's up to you. But, you must pass it on to at least one person in order to keep the Christmas cheer going! Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving them a comment on their blog.

Five things I love about Christmas:

1. I love celebrating the birth of Christ. Without the birth of Jesus Christ in a lowly manger in Bethlehem...we wouldn't have anything to celebrate because CHRIST is CHRISTmas!

2. I love buying presents for my children and seeing their faces when they open them and I really surprised them. Yes, as old as they are...I can still be sneaky :-0

3. I love spending CHRISTmas Eve with my husband and children. We read the CHRISTmas story around the tree just before bed.

4. I love CHRISTmas lights and lots of them. I love to decorate the outside of our home but I love to go look at everyone else's lights too. I might see if I can video some of them to share with you guys.

5. I love the Christmas movies that come on every year. I have a number of old ones that I watch every year but I like to see the new ones or ones that I haven't seen on Hallmark Channel or Oxygen...like The Christmas Shoes...a real tear jerker!

6.I love baking all the CHRISTmas goodies, eating them all because I know that I will make the New Year's Resolution to lose weight in January and of course, WISHING...really hard for a white CHRISTmas.

Now I get to pass this sweet CHRISTmas spirit award on . I am passing this award on to very deserving ladies...Kim, Tricia, Denise, Lorie and Patti. Enjoy the CHRISTmas season and continue to spread GOOD CHEER!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


My sweet friend, Denise, blessed me with a sweet award. Thank you so much! Now, I need to pass it on.

Here are the rules:

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find, and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated.

Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

So, I would like to pass this on to the following: Laurie, Laurie Ann, Joanne, Michele, Momstheword, Amy, Carolyn and Tammy. Thank you ladies for always making me feel like your friend, even though, except for one...I will probably never meet this side of Heaven...oh, but what a glorious day that will be when we finally get to meet up there :-)

15 comments:

  1. Oh thank you my friend. I love this award. I actually got this last week from someone and did it. (uh, had you not read my blog that day lol.)But thank you so much for thinking of me. I do so appreciate it my friend. IT was a fun award to do wasn't it? I loved your list!
    Hugs.
    Kim
    P.S. I'm sure I could come up with 5 more things I love about Christmas though lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings my friend... thank you for sharing your award with me. You are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, and thanks for thinking of me sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute awards and well deserved! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and God bless you for passing this on to me, friend! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jenn for the award and I am the lucky one cuz not only are you my blogging friend but my "real life" friend too! Love you - Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats. on this lovely award. What a nice award to get, huh? Debra gave it to me, and I was going to pass it on to you, but Denise beat me to it. Just know, though, that I would be giving it to you as well. I've enjoyed getting to know you and appreciate the friendship we are developing.

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first comment was about the Friendship Blog award. This comment is for the Christmas Spirit Award. Thank you for awarding it to me as well. I have about three awards that I need to get posted. I'll try to get it done later this week. (And now with this post, I am current on your blog...it was actually quite fun reading five days' worth of posts at a time).

    You mentioned the Hallmark Channel. The movie my daughter and I watched on Saturday was The Note. We saw it in the CBD catalog and it sounded lovely. We got it from Net Flix, as it had about 30 holds on it at our library. It is a sweet and tender tearjerker, originally from the Hallmark Channel. Look for it!!

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sis..
    Thank *U* for blessing me with your sisterness, friendship, and for thinking of me as you passed on this award today. I will be working on it and let you know when I have it posted.the gift of hope that is in my heart all year truly comes ever more alive as we celebrate the birth of Christ..

    Luv ya Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer, you are such a sweetheart. Thank you! And I will email you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenn, thank you, you are such a sweetie. I got the award post up! Also, I emailed you. When you email me would you please tell me (or leave a comment) about how on earth you were able to do links without putting in those quotations marks? I thought we had to use quotations marks so mine always show, but yours don't.

    Am I making sense here? Anyway, please let poor little ole' me out with my "quotation" problem! Thanks my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats my friend! You especially deserve the Christmas spirity award! You have more Christmas spirit than anyone else I know ;o)

    Take care!
    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your awards! Your profile is beautiful and festive. I enjoy visiting. :o)

    Love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for sharing the 'friendship' award with me. I only know you as a bloging friend, but I feel a rich sister-in-Christ friendship with you. I will forward the award as soon as I can figure out how to link the names. Remember, this novice is still learning.
    Hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones