Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thankful Thursday ~ Truly Blessed!

I am so thankful to have lived "almost" another year...my birthday is Monday.

In a world full of tragedy, crime, disease and accidents, many people don't live to see 46 years old. So, when someone mentions age...I'm proud to say that I am 45...only for 5 more days :)

To celebrate my birthday, my husband and son are taking me camping at a beautiful state park for some rest and relaxation...then out to eat on Monday for my birthday. They're the greatest!

Now...let me be totally honest...I don't mind the number of years but I hate looking like it. The lines around the eyes, frown lines across the forehead, things starting to allow gravity to take over and the gray hair. Yes, I do have gray...but no one will see it as long as I can help it! I had to take after my grandfather's side of the family...prematurely gray in late 30's to 40's...where as my grandmother died at 98 and never colored her hair once...she was more pepper than salt when she died. Grrrrrrrr! (Been hitting the gym hard lately...I refuse to look OLD!) Not vain...just want to keep looking good for my man :0)

I love each one of the years that have molded me into the person that I am today...through the joys, excitement, spiritual grown, learning to put all my faith and trust in Jesus Christ and yes, through the bad times, trials and battles with the enemy...because I am victorious only through Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior.

I am thankful for God's hand of protection, His provision, His wisdom and His guidance because without it and Him...I wouldn't be where I am today.

I am truly a blessed woman, wife, mother and Granny :)

13 comments:

  1. The best thing about your age is that you get to be a granny. Granny's rock. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly blessed! Have a joyful time on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful birthday on monday. May God sweetly bless you with many more years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. advance happy birthday jennifer. i celebrated mine last tuesday. God bless you always! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with heidi, being a grandma rocks, so there is something to be said for us 40 somethings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I'm going to be 41 this year and I rejoice in the blessings of the years that have come and gone. I rejoice with you as you celebrate LIFE - your life with Him!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    In His amazin grace,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for hitting the gym regularly- taking care of our bodies is so important! I just posted on that the other day.

    You certainly don't look like a granny either- you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I love each one of the years that have molded me into the person that I am today..." Can I just say AMEN! I used to fret about the numbers...now I rejoice in them and in the skill of my hairdresser (if ya know what I mean!) Thanks for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy early birthday and have a Happy Thankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like you are aging with joy. wishing you a Happy Birthday. My post today was: Aging with Joy. If you get a chance maybe you can take a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly blessed post! Yes, it's an honor to grow older. And it only gets better! I'm 55 and proud of it.

    Have a wonderful weekend and birthday celebration on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jennifer,

    I know exactly what you are saying. Preach is sister! I am grateful for every candle on my birthday cake, but plan on growing old gracefully, and in good health, Lord willing.

    My hair is turning more grey, my teeth are getting crooked and every appendage is heading south for the winter, summer, fall AND spring season!

    Happy Birthday! May this year be one that is filled with good health, peace, love and the Joy of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for a Great Weekend camping. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

    Love You Much,

    Roger

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones