Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Amazing Grace

Grace

Grace

God's Grace

Now, that is truly amazing.

What does grace mean?

I love this definition in the Unbridged Dictionary for GRACE:

Theology.
a. the freely given, unmerited favor and love of God.
b. the influence or spirit of God operating in humans to regenerate or strengthen them.
c. a virtue or excellence of divine origin: the Christian graces.
d. Also called
state of grace. the condition of being in God's favor or one of the elect.

When God pours out His favor, His grace on you...you experience what it means to be in the state of grace....being in God's favor...one of the elect.

ELECT:
Theology. a person or persons chosen by God, esp. for favor or salvation. (Jennifer's interpretation is...hand picked by God...means you are special to Him!)

We have been praying and trusting God in an area of our lives for the past year. We are at a time in our lives that we need a plan of escape. Back in June, we felt led to go in a certain direction in this situation. It seemed like it was the plan of escape that we needed, however, it was not the way that I had been praying for. It took me several weeks to come to terms with this new and different direction because it was not the way that "I" wanted. It was not the "desire of my heart" and I had to resign myself to the fact that God sees the big picture and knows what is best for me rather that is best for my pride.

When we came to the fork in the road, we turned left because we felt that was the correct direction. I don't think that we missed God but I think God wanted to see if we were willing to lay down our pride and follow Him...no matter which direction that He was leading us.

We must have passed the test of willingness to obey in spite of our own feelings because a week ago, God said "STOP!"

We stopped in our tracks, continued to pray for guidance, had our close friends praying with us for God's favor in this situation.

God said "make a U-turn...NOW!", go back to the fork in the road and go in the direction that would have been a right turn in the beginning.

We were obedient.

God is faithful.

Last night after returning home from a shower at church, we got the answer that we were praying for in my inbox of my email. We still had questions and I asked those questions last night...all the while...praying for God's favor in this situation. When I got up this morning...the answers were there again...in my inbox of my email.

Praise The Lord!

God is Faithful!

We have a few small hurdles left to clear but God willing...it will be another prayer prayed, answered and turned into another testimony of God's amazing grace. We will continue to pray for God to clear the way until everything is signed, sealed and delivered on October 24th.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (NIV)

WHAT AN AWESOME BIRTHDAY PRESENT FOR A DAUGHTER TO RECEIVE FROM HER HEAVENLY FATHER FOR HER BIRTHDAY...OCTOBER 20TH. I don't mind if it is 4 days late:)

We are nearly the end of our Isaiah 61...The Year of the Lord's Favor...2008 and God has faithfully honored His promise in 3 of the 4 areas that we have been believing God for. The last one seems to be impossible to the human mind but I know that "NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD!"

Luke 1:37
For nothing is impossible with God." (NIV)

We are praying for a loved one to return to the Lord, commit their heart to Him, serve Him and be used mightily by Him. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD!!! Please agree with us in prayer that this will happen.

My prayer is to keep them physically safe and beyond that..."Break them, Lord! Whatever it takes."

2 comments:

  1. Jenn..
    God is faithful EVERYTIME! He is never too early or late - always on time.

    As I write this your music is playing "I go to the Rock" - what a safety net the Rock is for us.

    love ya. Laurie

    PS Did I miss a birthday??? Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laurie!

    No, it is next Monday, October 20th...but I will hold on to your birthday wish until then.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones