Monday, September 15, 2008

Who Are You Today?

I woke up this morning with an enormous amount of anxiety...like a cloak...weighing heavy on me and my spirit.

I started asking myself..."what is it that you are anxious about?". It didn't take but a second and I knew immediately what the source of the problem was. I started praying over the problem and the source, but yet the anxiety didn't leave.

The more that I dwelt on the source, the harder my heart began to pound, fear began to creep in and I got physically sick to my stomach. The problem is that the source doesn't deal directly with me but indirectly. The source is one that is out of my reach and out of my control. I feel helpless in the situation...wanting to help, wanting to protect, wanted to get involved, wanted to "take care" of the situation...but it is not mine to handle.

I have continually felt God telling me to stay out of it, keep my mouth shut and just pray. Pray for the ones that are directly affected by the source of the problem...lift them up to Him, give it to Him, leave it at His feet. However, we all know this is what we are told to do but it is one of the hardest things to do especially when you see the hurt that someone else is suffering because of the source.

As my mind began to run away with me, the fear, imaginations, anxiety and even, anger began to consume me. I stopped and asked God to speak to me through His Word...He lead me to the following:

Romans 8:28-39 ... Purple...verses that are highlighted in my Bible...ones I stood on before!
(28)And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
(29)For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
(30)And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
(31)What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?
(32)He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?
(33)Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.
(34)Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.
(35)Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
(36)As it is written:
"For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."
(37)No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
(38)For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
(39)neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord


I want to be more than a conqueror...I want to be victorious, walk in peace and in the freedom that He promises me...if I just put my trust in Him to handle the situation and those involved.

So, who are you today?

Are you more than a conqueror or are you a prisoner of spiritual warfare?

If you are held in bondage by the enemy...break free today!

Put your faith and trust in Jesus Christ.

Take your hurts, needs, offenses, heartache, betrayals, fear, anxiety and your anger to Him.

Tell Him what is going on in your life and ask Him to take full control...but you have to willingly give it to Him...He won't take it from you if you aren't willing to let go.

Trust Him and leave it with him.

Walk free today, my friend...I am!!!

One of my favorite songs...says it all!

Title: Completely (Ana Laura)

The secret of life is letting go
the secret of love is letting it show
in all that I do
in all that I say
right here in this moment

the power of prayer is in a humble cry
the power of change is in giving my life
and laying it down
down at your feet
right here in this moment

chorus:
take my heart
take my soul
I surrender everything to your control
and let all that is with in me lift up to you and say
I am yours and yours alone completely

This journey of life is a search for truth
this journey of faith is following you
every step of the way
through the joy and the pain right here in this moment

Chorus Vamp:
right here, right now, and for the rest of my life
Hear me say

Chorus I am yours and yours alone
Completely

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones