Tuesday, September 23, 2008

One Day At A Time

Good Morning!!!!

No anxiety this morning...Praise The Lord!

I can mark off one item off of my "finish me, please-to do list". I worked for over 4 hours last night balancing the checkbook, establishing a workable budget, paying bills and putting everything on spreadsheets.

I am a visual person and my organizational personality is shining through too. I have one for:

  • combined income and disbursements
  • separated incomes and disbursements...who's check will cover what (I like to look at all angles
  • budgeted amounts for all living expenses for the month
  • weekly expense breakdowns
  • my favorite...COUNTDOWN TO FREEDOM FROM DEBT!!!!

Thank you, Dave Ramsey! It won't be fun but it will be so worth it in the end. I can't image not having monthly payments on things...wow...what freedom that will bring.

I found a great website on money, it is Christian Personal Finance (haven't researched the entire site yet but found great topics on the subject of money, budgeting, debt and more... www.christianpf.com

Here's a couple of scriptures on spending, debt and planning ahead. The Bible has many more scriptures on the subject...check them out.

Proverbs 21:20 Wise people live in wealth and luxury, but stupid people spend their money as fast as they get it. (GN)

Proverbs 22:7 The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender. (NIV)

Proverbs 13:16 Sensible people always think before they act, but stupid people advertise their ignorance. (GN)

Today's project: Finish painting my dining room:) Will keep you updated on my progress.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones