Thursday, August 21, 2008

Where Has Time Gone?


Where has time gone? Oh, my...my heart is hurting and it is bursting with pride...all at the same time.

This is my baby...my last child at home...then my home will be empty. Yes, it will be in 4 more years but they will be gone before we know it. To me...it was just yesterday but my husband said a few minutes ago..."seems like a long time ago to me"...guess that's the different in mothers and fathers.

It was just yesterday that...
  • my son was born
  • that he took his first steps
  • spoke his first word
  • went to preschool
  • started kindergarten
  • played his first game of t-ball
  • played his first game of peewee basketball
  • brought home his first report card
  • brought home his first homemade Christmas ornament...which still hangs on the tree
  • went to church camp
  • played his first game of flag football
  • played his first game of contact football
  • went through elementary school
  • went through intermediate school
  • went through middle school
  • became a member of the youth group
  • played 7th grade school football
  • entered jr. high school
  • played 8th grade football
  • made jr. high track team
  • went on his first youth missions trip
  • took his driver's test and passed:)
  • drove my car for the 1st time
  • AND ENTERED 9TH GRADE THIS WEEK

I am so proud of Tyler...he has grown into a very responsible, Christian young man. He is a leader, giving, well-mannered, polite, considerate, family oriented, excellent student, thoughtful, friends with everyone, fun loving and handsome young man. Is it obvious...just how much we love him and how very, very proud we are of him? I hope so...because we are:)

2 comments:

  1. It's hard seeing them grow up, isn't it? I'm in the same boat.

    I wanted to connect with you, to make sure you got my email yesterday. If you didn't get it check spam. If you still don't see it, contact me please. (It'll be from a hoosier family.) Thanks. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm catching up on your blog...
    awwww...

    now you're making me cry.

    he is a wonderful young man! lots to be proud of.

    db

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones