Saturday, April 12, 2008

Very Successful Trip...Mommy On Board

Like I said in the previous entry, our luggage got delayed on another flight when we left Memphis on October 31st. We had to take a different airline because our actual flight that was supposed to pick us up had mechanical problems and we were put on a different airline to stay on schedule. However, our luggage had already been check on the previous airline. It was 24 hours later before our luggage arrived in St. Maarten. We were stuck there without a toothbrush, hairbrush, hairdryer, clothes...we didn't pack any in our carry on bag (never made that mistake again).

We went sightseeing as bad as we looked the next day in hopes of finding shorts and t-shirts because it was in the upper 90's there. We found a souvenir shop on the island close to our resort, went inside to look around. The clerk acted very nervous and finally told us that we had to hurry up and leave the shop because the government was forcing them to all close. We asked her what was going on because we noticed that most restaurants were already closed. She explained that a high government official had been imprisoned and they were on strike until his release. We thought "great, we finally get to take a trip like this and everything is going to be close". We asked her how long this could take and she told us that they hoped by the next day or two. Thank goodness by the next day, Tuesday, everything was open again and the official had been released from custody. Yeah!

We enjoyed going to all the different beaches on both the Dutch side and the French side. Part of the island is owned by the Dutch and the other side is owned by the French, therefore, each side is spelled differently...Dutch side is spelled St. Maarten and the French side is spelled St. Martin.

We went by boat to a small island named Gilligan's Island to snorkel and to eat at a local restaurant named Roy's Place. It was the most beautiful waters that I have ever seen...deep, dark blue...not the "lake" green that we normally see on the Gulf of Mexico. Oh, the beauty of the ocean...the bright, vibrant colors from the fish to the amazing coral reef. When you see God's creations up close, how can anyone ever question that He is God?

We had a great time...we laughed, we played, we acted crazy (get Roger & my brother together...that means "up to no good") and we just had fun. We agreed what happened in St. Maarten...stayed in St. Maarten :) just kidding! Since my hair was long, I wanted to get "native" braids put in. I had so many braids in my hair and my scalp was sore the next day. I will never forget the look on my mother's face when we go off the airplane back in Memphis. Here I was with a very dark tan and my hair "platted" with white beads on the end of each braid. I could only wish that I looked as good as Bo Derek did in "10". But...it never hurts a girl to wish, now does it? I still have all those beads in my jewelry box....just for the memories.

Colossians 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on the earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

My brother and sister-in-law stayed at a different resort from us and we had to take a ferry back and forth across the water to see each other. This was a perfect set up, even though, we had reservations at the same resort, they were still owned by the same company. This way...we were together but yet apart...we had our alone time as well.

Regardless of what we did or where we went, I was praying that I would get pregnant on this wonderful trip. I kept telling Roger...."wouldn't that be awesome to get pregnant in the Caribbean".

The trip went by so fast and we had a great time, but yet, I was anxious to get home so I could get a pregnancy test done. Since I had worked for my OB/GYN for 10 years, I knew that you didn't have to wait until you were late to find out if you were pregnant. I waited until I would have been 10 days post conception (at best...it could have been less depending on the day) and then I rushed to our office. Hearing the words...You Are Pregnant...was joyous!!!!!

All in all, it was a very successful trip because I went down there not pregnant and came back home as Mommy on Board the airplane.

I can't begin to tell you how good God is and how He knows what is best for us. There are many, many times that His time is not our time but when the two coincide...what joy and celebration there is. Roger was on top of the world that day! Sommer, Ryan and Brandon were all very excited as well. Now...9 months will be long especially since I found out that we were going to have a baby as early as I did.

Next Entry: Special Delivery

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing Tyler is. I remember when he was born. What a gift from God!

    You are doing a great job with your blog. I am proud of you Jen.

    Love Laurie

    PS: are we getting new neighbors???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your story :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones