Friday, November 13, 2009

I Am Totally Wired!

I am totally wired for the next 30 days and no place to go! LOL

With my heart issues and finally going to the doctor on Monday...I am now on a "event" heart monitor for the next 30 days, it arrived on Wednesday.

It is a very small and the wires are easily hidden under my clothes. I am to wear it while I am awake and record any and all episodes when they occur.

Now, the small problem with this is that I am not supposed to be close to a computer, TV, running car, lawnmower or refrigerator because they might cause interference...gee, sounds like where I am during every waking moment of my day.

It will hold two recordings which is 2-3 minutes each, then you call them, they ask you what you were feeling at the time of the recordings and what I was doing when it occurred, then you have to put the phone receiver on top of the monitor and hit the send button. It sounds like a fax machine tones but you can hear the heartbeat in the tones. When it skips a beat, it makes a high pitch squeal and then you go back to hearing the heartbeats. It takes about 5-7 minutes to transmit the data and then you have to wait for them to come back to the phone to tell you that they got the report. They in turn send these reports to Dr. Porterfield for him to review on a daily basis...Monday through Friday.

Yesterday, my heart was acting up so bad that I wasn't getting anything done because I had to stop, record, stop, call and transmit data. Then, it would start all over again. I finally told the monitoring company that it wasn't going to stop acting up anytime soon but I had to stop recording so I could get my work done.

I was up until 3 AM this morning because I was feeling a "weird" feeling in my chest...not really a chest pain but a heaviness. I could also feel my heartbeat one strong beat and between that strong beat and the next strong beat...I would feel two faint beats. I assume that was the two lower chambers of my heart beating individually instead of together. It is all out of sync.

I recorded and transmitted a report at 2:30 AM and went back to bed after 3 AM. It never got back in sync before I fell asleep.

I am desperately wanting answers to what is going on with my heart. I want them to tell me that (1) there is nothing to worry about and it is something that I will have to learn to live with, (2) it is treatable with medication or (3) I need to make some lifestyle changes if this is brought on by stress.

These episodes have made me so aware of my heart rate that it is hard to ignore it right now. If they tell me that it is not doing any damage to my heart and it is not a threat to my life...then I will jump for joy and go on with life.

Last night and Tuesday afternoon have been the only two times that it has scared me. I need peace of mind if nothing else right now.

Thank you so much for your prayers, love and concern.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

8 comments:

  1. Oh girl only God could give you peace of mind that is for sure...so that is exactly what I will pray for & throw healing in there too. He is ABLE!
    Hugs,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in my prayers.

    love and hugs~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heal my precious sister oh Lord and she will be healed. Save her oh Lord and she will be saved for You are the One we praise. You are her Great Physician. Thank You for going on before her to make the crooked places straight and the rough patches smooth. Thank You Father God that You will do more than she could ever ask or imagine during this difficult circumstance and Father God, thank You that Your power and glory will be revealed to all and we will all KNOW it was Your divine hand leading and guiding, restoring and healing..amen amen amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you, and I am asking God to totally heal you. He is holding you securely in the palm of His hand sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so sorry to hear that my friend! I will definitely be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've worn that monitor myself and look forward to hearing that you are fine, just like me. When you sense your heart beating, I understand the concern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. praying for you today..... and waiting for more wonderful blogging!

    luv u!
    dorinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to drop in and say I was missing you. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones