Over the past week, there have been things that I have seen that I wanted or wished that I had...whether it was a swimming pool in my backyard, covered patio or even, a car that was paid for.
During my wishful thinking moments, I felt the Holy Spirit remind me of all the things that I do have and sometimes, forget to say "Thank you, Lord"!
I am guilty of forgetting about the small, everyday things in my life. It takes the Holy Spirit to give me that convicting nudge or for it to hit close to home when a friend or loved one is no longer that fortunate, for me to be thankful for the small things...many are things that you don't actually see.
I am thankful for many things but I want to specifically list these:
- The home that I live in, the roof over my head
- Air conditioning and the money to pay the bill during the heat of summer
- A comfortable bed to lay my head down on at night and be able to get a good night's sleep
- Food on the table, in the pantry and the money to go to the store and buy groceries
- The health of my family and yes, health insurance even if it is highway robbery!
- Opportunity to go on vacation this year
- Boxes and boxes of pictures that take me back through the lives of my children, our marriage and my childhood...oh, the memories
- The rain that we have had this week and how desperately it was needed
- The times that I get to spend alone with my son and just talk
- The times that I get to spend alone with my hubby, which is not as much as I wished being he is working 2 jobs to pay for our vacation
- Our jobs...my one and his two
- The opportunities the continue to arise that will bring more blessings and answer so many more prayers for our future
- For the crazy, busy week that we have had because in the craziness...we celebrated Tyler's 15th birthday and got to spend wonderful family time with our children, grandson, my mother and sister...the only one missing was our oldest son, Brandon and our SIL, Jim...we missed you guys.
I could go on and on but I will stop here.
My greatest blessing is the Lord Jesus Christ who loves me unconditionally, takes me just as I am, cleans me up, patiently helps me through the changes that He wants me to go through, picks me up when I fall down, He still loves me when I fail Him, to know that I am a Child of the King and I will spend eternity singing praises to Him.
For more wonderful thankful hearts, visit Lynn here.
Have a wonderfully blessed day!