Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Funnies



Hallelujah! It's Friday again!!! I love Fridays for many reasons but one is...Friday Funnies! After a long, hard week...we all need a good laugh!

Here is mine today...these are funny and the scary thing is...some of them are so true whether we want to admit them or not AND I only had 2!


BIRTH ORDER OF CHILDREN
1st baby: You begin wearing maternity clothes as soon as your OB/GYN confirms your pregnancy.
2nd baby: You wear your regular clothes for as long as possible.
3rd baby: Your maternity clothes ARE your regular clothes.

*************************
Preparing for the Birth:
1st baby: You practice your breathing religiously.
2nd baby: You don't bother because you remember that last time,
breathing didn't do a thing.
3rd baby: You ask for an epidural in your eighth month.

*************************
The Layette:
1st baby: You pre-wash newborn's clothes, color-coordinate them, and fold them neatly in the baby's little bureau.
2nd baby: You check to make sure that the clothes are clean and discard only the ones with the darkest stains.
3rd baby: Boys can wear pink, can't they?

*************************
Worries: 1st baby:
1st baby: At the first sign of distress--a whimper, a frown--you pick up the baby
2nd baby: You pick the baby up when her wails threaten to wake your firstborn.
3rd baby: You teach your three-year-old how to rewind the mechanical swing.

*************************
Pacifier:
1st baby: If the pacifier falls on the floor, you put it away until you can go home and wash and boil it.
2nd baby: When the pacifier falls on the floor, you squirt it off with some juice from the baby's bottle.
3rd baby: You wipe it off on your shirt and pop it back in.

*************************
Diapering:
1st baby: You change your baby's diapers every hour, whether they need it or not.
2nd baby: You change their diaper every two to three hours, if needed.
3rd baby: You try to change their diaper before others start to complain about the smell or you see it sagging to their knees.

*************************
Activities:
1st baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics, Baby Swing, Baby Zoo, Baby Movies and Baby Story Hour.
2nd baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics.
3rd baby: You take your infant to the supermarket and the dry cleaners.

*************************
Going Out:
1st baby: The first time you leave your baby with a sitter, you call home five times.
2nd baby: Just before you walk out the door, you remember to leave a number where you can be reached.
3rd baby: You leave instructions for the sitter to call only if she sees blood.

*************************
At Home:
1st baby: You spend a good bit of every day just gazing at the baby.
2nd baby: You spend a bit of everyday watching to be sure your older child isn't squeezing, poking, or hitting the baby.
3rd baby: You spend a little bit of every day hiding from the children

*************************
Swallowing Coins (a favorite):
1st child: When first child swallows a coin, you rush the child to the hospital
and demand x-rays
2nd child: When second child swallows a coin, you carefully watch for the coin to pass.
3rd child: When third child swallows a coin you deduct it from his allowance!

*************************
GRANDCHILDREN: God's reward for allowing your children to live! LOL!

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

14 comments:

  1. Those are so great! I loved the one about hiding from your children. I try to do that! I realize I need a bigger house when I do though! LOL. Don't forget to link up.
    Happy Friday to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, I have three children, and those are all so true. I was cracking up. Poor Stunt Man. & the middle children think they are the ones with the short end of the stick. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so funny and so true!! Thanks for stopping by!! Have a great weekend!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog today and really enjoyed it. It's nice to find other Christians who blog what they learn and continually point us toward the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All true! All true! I like the one about hiding, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I only have two children but still, I can totally relate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! These were hilarious and so true! I have seen such a huge difference in the way Kristyn does things with Liam than she did with Nolan. Her cage doesn't rattle as easy and she's not quite the germaphobe she was with No. And I find myself the same way when they're up at the house. Last Monday night when he dropped his paci on the floor I blew on it and said, "5 second rule." He's 5 mos. old - I hope it pertained, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having two kids and playing with everyone else's these are so true. I think I jumped from 2 to 3 with only my second one. Funny how things like that happen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so understand most of these! (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my....these are soo funny and true! My neice has 3 precious girls ....I am going to pass some of these to her . Daughter #2 has the flu and broncitis...she needs a good laugh.
    Have a fabulous weekend!!
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL ... I only have one, but as a THIRD CHILD, I can say these are true!

    I practically raised myself. ha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones