Thursday, December 11, 2008

What Story Does Your CHRISTmas Tree Tell?

I was looking at our CHRISTmas tree today and as I gazed at it...the memories began to flood my mind. A smile crept across my lips, my eyes began to twinkle as I remembered each ornament that was carefully hung on our tree. I remember each ornament that I have bought for my children, each handmade ornament our children have made, the different ornaments we bought on vacations, my crosses, stars, angels and my homemade ones. One of my favorite homemade ornaments has to be the two from Destin and Orange Beach. I brought sand and shells home from both trips...not knowing what I was going to do with them. Two years ago, I had this idea, bought the clear balls and the rest is history. They each have the beach and date written on the bottom. Our tree says....MEMORIES, MEMORIES, MEMORIES...to each one of us.

Our CHRISTmas tree tells the story of our lives...what story does your tree tell?

I'm still smiling as I write this and look at the pictures again.




Have a wonderfully blessed day!

4 comments:

  1. Our Christmas Tree is all ornaments that were given to us or the kids. i love the memories that they all hold. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. I like how you displayed the pictures for us to see. Our tree also has all of the kids "handmade" ornaments along with some of my grandmothers ornaments that she made. I would say my tree says "family".

    Have a great friday. Aren't you off today? So why are you on the computer...go shopping or go bake or something (lol)!!! -love Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Jennifer,

    Thank you so much for sharing this story with us. It really got me to looking at my tree and remembering!

    What precious stories my Christmas tree is telling!

    One of my favorites:
    My mom-in-love started a tradition when we just had one precious daughter of coming over and watching Rudolph with her and each year she would bring over an ornament. The first year was a little Rudolph and the second year was a whole set of the characters from the show! Such precious memories or love!

    My blessings my sweet sister!
    Naomi

    P.S - I am sorry it has been so long since I have stopped by and said hello! I have missed you my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones