Thursday, December 18, 2008

Morning Update~Truly Thankful and Blessed Today!

I wanted to give you a brief update this morning on my mom. I didn't stay last night with her because one of my sisters did. She called me around 10:30 AM to give me this update.

If I haven't told you lately...God is sooooo good and thank you for your prayers :-)

My mom slept nearly all night, waking up only to sip some liquids and go back to sleep. She had pain meds at 9 PM and no more until this morning.

The physical terrorist, as my brother calls them, came in this morning to start her therapy. She was up on a walker and took a couple of steps with weight on her left foot. She also sat up in the chair for nearly an hour. All less than 24 hours after surgery. PTL!!!

I will keep you posted when I run home because my laptop doesn't get a signal in the hospital room. I can post comments from my cell phone but can't get it to work to write a new post or follow your blogs.

I am home cleaning and wrapping like a crazy person today before going back tonight.

Love you guys and thank you again for your prayers!!!

This is a mini...Thankful Thursday...click here to see the actual Thankful Thursday post.


Have a wonderfully blessed day!

5 comments:

  1. Praying for a day of rest for both your mom and for you as well. Love you. -Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good all the time my friend! So glad He hears and answers our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the time God is good--God is good all the time!!

    And we praise Him for your Mom's being up and around already, her not too significant pain, and her wonderful attitude with this surgery!!

    I'll keep you in my prayers!!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear the surgery went well. It's amazing how quickly they get you back on your feet! Her attitude is such a blessing to those around her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones