Friday, November 28, 2008

Decorating Time

Good Morning!

Now that an enjoyable Thanksgiving is over...it is time to get busy decorating my home for Christmas...my favorite time of the year.

I can't bring myself to decorate before Thanksgiving because I remember my mom always saying "Thanksgiving has become the forgotten holiday...lost between Halloween and Christmas". I feel like I am taking away from the "special atmosphere" of giving thanks during Thanksgiving, if I get into the "commercial" decorating with Santas along with my nativity scenes, both inside and out of my home before the day after Thanksgiving.

So...today starts my big day of decorating my home. Believe me...it gets emotional because it is a big ordeal, time consuming and exhausting...but, I keep doing it every year. I love the look of our home when it is all decorated and smelling like Christmas. Plus, I want to enjoy everyday that I can, for as long as I can because either Christmas night or the next day...it is all coming down, getting packed back in it's boxes and stored away in the attic again for another year.

My hubby thinks that I am crazy for putting myself through this every year but, it is something that I "have" to do. It wouldn't be Christmas around here if it were any other way.

Each year...I add more and more to the decorations that I already have. Tyler and I went shopping for him some clothes for Christmas...I let him pick out most of them, wrap them and he acts so surprised on Christmas morning :-0 But, for some reason...I spent about 4-5 hours shopping in Hobby Lobby, TJ Maxx and Garden Ridge...for Christmas decorations. I had no intentions of doing this but every store already had all their decorations 50% off ticketed price. How could I pass that up???

Ayway...I'm off to get busy decorating and turning my home into a Christmas wonderland (well, the best that I can do anyway)!

I might post some pictures when I can completely finished if they look good.

See you all in a couple of days :-)

5 comments:

  1. Definitely, post pictures when you are all decorated. I would love to see them.

    I won't be decorating until next weekend, as our tradition (due to my son's Nov. 29th birthday) is now to wait until the first weekend of December. I, too, always take down the day after Christmas, but I'm kind of thinking about starting something new this year. I got a holiday book (after the holidays last year), and it talks about celebrating the 12 days of Christmas, which is the days after Christmas up to Epiphany, January 6th. I haven't yet decided if I will do that, but I thought it might be a fun thing to try.

    Anyhow, happy decorating.

    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do post some pictures. I want to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see some pictures of your holiday decorations. I don't start decorating until a few days before Christmas. Then it all stays until the middle of January.

    When I was a child, my mother and father would put the Christmas tree in the stand, and it stayed undecorated until Christmas Eve. Then we woke up on Christmas morning, the tree was decorated!!

    Yes, I thought Santa Claus was doing this. Now that I'm older and wiser, I realize that this was a special time for my parents together--the decorating of the tree.

    Don't work too hard!!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. We put up our decorations last night too! It's our tradition to decorate the day after Thanksgiving and then put it away New Year's Day. I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones