Thursday, November 6, 2008

Daily Confession

This prayer was in our church bulletin in 1986 and I have kept it ever since. I love this prayer and I kept it on my sun visor of my car(s) for many, many years especially during my turbulent first marriage, divorce and four years of single parenting...I quoted it daily on my drive to work.

DAILY CONFESSION


Dear Heavenly Father:
  • I come boldly to Your throne today to claim my benefits in the Kingdom of God.
  • I thank You that You so loved me that You gave Your only Son, that I might have eternal life.
  • I thank You that I have received the promise of the Holy Spirit & I do speak in tongues as the Spirit gives me utterance.
  • I am healed and I have been given perfect health; for by Jesus' stripes I was healed and I am healed now.
  • I have the authority over Satan in my life because I submit myself to God and the devil must flee.
  • I thank you, Father, that today Your will gives me prosperity. My every need is met according to Your riches in Christ Jesus. As I give, men give unto me.
  • According to Your will, I am the righteousness of God in Christ. I will not cower under condemnation from the enemy.
  • I thank you, Father, that You have not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, of love and of a sound mind.
  • I thank you, Father, that You have heard my prayer for I ask it in Jesus' name. I have received the benefits of Your will this day with joy and thanksgiving, giving glory unto God.
IN JESUS NAME, AMEN



It brought me a tremendous amount of peace and confidence in Jesus Christ that...


There is nothing that is going to happen to me today
that...You and I can't handle.

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes when you're going thru a difficult time, your thoughts are all jumbled and you just can't think "truth." That's why it's good to have things written down where you can read His promises over and over and commit them to your heart.

    BTW, I keep hearing about that money makeover thing. Is that a book you're doing? Is the $450 what Dave says you should have for a food budget or what the USDA thing said that I mentioned on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer,
    What a great daily confession,so glad you shared.

    I'm going to check out your interview...how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, I think I forgot to sign in, so all those frugal links were from me, if it doesn't say so. Let me know if they don't work and I'll post them on my blog like I said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Confession and confidence in Christ are huge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way so much Scripture is woven through that prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O.k., Jenn, I got the frugal websites posted on my blog. I hope the links all work. I haven't tested them yet. Let me know if you have any problems and I'll fix it. I didn't mention that you were the one that suggested it because I didn't know if that would bother you if I linked to you. If you want, I can go back and fix it because I'd love to give you credit for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been tagged, come on over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful prayer. Blessings from Costa Rica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones