Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thankful Thursday!


I am so thankful today that I serve a God who sees the big picture...you know, over the hills and around the curves. Why? Because I can only see the here and now...what is right in front of me, what is pressing down on me or the circumstances in my life.

This week has been one of those weeks where I had the rug pulled out from under me. We had set the wheels in motions several months ago for something that would greatly bless our family. It still wasn't the exact chain of events that I had been praying for last year but nevertheless, the end result would be the same. As the weeks and months have rolled by...it looked like everything was going to go off without a hitch.

Yeah, right!

Last Friday, I got one phone call that made the rug begin to slip under our feet and then on Monday night...it was yanked completely out from under us.

Being perfectly honest...I was very disappointed, angry, in a terrible mood and even, slightly depressed. In the midst of my terrible mood, I continued to pray that God would control the situation and He knew our heart's desire.

I know what God's Word says in...

Jeremiah 32:27 says..."Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for me?" (NAS)

Jeremiah 33:3 says... "Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.' (Message)

You know it, believe it and feel it but it is sometimes hard to walk like it. Sometimes we walk in it saying that we know that God is in control but why do we do it with our heads hung down, feeling sorry for ourselves and wondering if anyone will care.

Pity party!!!

There was something that I thought about doing earlier in the day on Tuesday, but kept getting busy and didn't get around to it until about 4 PM. I stopped what I was doing, sent one email out to the person who has been helping us with the situation and then went to a website that I have used in the past and posted something there.

Within 5 minutes, I received an email from a lady completely across the United States and she was inquiring about what I had posted.

Can you say...God's timing!

Plus, they will be in town this coming Tuesday. If all of this had transpired in another week...this opportunity would have been missed...again...God's ALWAYS ON TIME!!!

Through numerous emails and several phone calls between us...I believe that God has opened a new door...one that is better than the one we were hoping to walk through just days before, one the holds so much promise and I believe that God's hand is in this.

In the course of our emails...I have an automatic signature that looks like this:

Have a blessed day!
Jennifer


http://www.ordinarychristianwomansheart.blogspot.com/

Jeremiah 32:27
"Behold, I am the Lord...Is anything too difficult for me?"


Not knowing who I was communicating with...I removed this automatic signature and just signed my emails.

However, as time went on and I began to feel more comfortable about the opportunity that was fast approaching...I left the automatic signature on my email but removed by blog address. Then finally, used it with my blog address on it as well.

The very next email that came to me from this lady said this: We are Christians as well and working with fellow Christians gives my partner (who happens to be my mother -in-law) and I, a since of peace, we were led here for a reason. In God's Love, V.

I replied back with telling her how good God is and how things had come to the point that I posted on the website what I did and the steps that followed.

Her reply was: Yes God is Good!!! We have had his hand leading us since the day we started and I believe he lead us to you and Roger, I feel so blessed. Joyfully receiving HIS blessings, V.

Well, by this time...I was having a "glory spell", "Jericho march", "praise fest" and I was busting at the seams to share what God was doing.

And last night...she mentioned that she loved my website...Through The Storms! Praise God! If she reads my blog from beginning to end...she will know me before she ever mets me. All because I returned to using my automatic signature on my emails. God hands is steadly working here.

I know that God is leading and guiding both parties in this matter, God's hand is in this, and God is in control. We are still not sure what the final outcome will be but we are trusting God and we want only what is God's Will in our lives and in this situation.

I am so thankful today not only because God is working this out for our good and for His glory...but because my God sees the big picture...he sees over the hills and around the curves. He knows what is best for every one of us. We think that we know best, but really...we don't have a clue compared to God's greatness.

A friend told me yesterday when I shared what God was doing...she said "When God does it, He does it right!"...thanks...T...you are so right.

I replied to T with "and BIG...nothing too difficult for my God and He likes to show off...you know...kinda...in your face Satan...look what I can do and will do for my children"!!!

I am so thankful that I am a child of the King, I am royalty and my "Daddy" loves me, watches over me and provides what His children need...In His Time!!!

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the purposes which I am planning for you, says Jehovah; purposes of peace, and not for evil; to give you posterity and a hope. (NIV)

Isaiah 46:10 declaring the end from the beginning, and from the past those things which were not done, saying, My counsel shall rise; and, I will do all My desire; (NIV)

Isaiah 58:11 The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. (NIV)

Isaiah 55:8-12 (8) "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. (9) "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. (10) As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, (11) so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. (12) You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. (NIV)

Micah 4:12 But they do not know the thoughts of the LORD; they do not understand his plan, he who gathers them like sheaves to the threshing floor. (NIV)

5 comments:

  1. Praying Gods blessings for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good. We may have a desire for something and yet, He has something better in mind. I guess the key is to truly trust Him. I struggle with that at times and can into my own pity party. Thanks for sharing your thankful list with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm so thankful that God sees beyond the here and now. Your words are encouraging as I stand in the midst of here and now, hoping and praying that God will bless my husband and I with a baby. I daily pray for His blessing, strength, patience and hope.
    Thanks for your sweet and honest post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God for your awesome testimony today.

    Happy TT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He sure does know how to surprise us even in the midst of our pity parties! Rejoicing with you! Thanks for sharing your post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones