Let's have some fun today...now that I'm on the downhill side to 50!
I was thinking about age and getting older this morning while getting ready for another day in my life. Well, honestly, I was thinking "gee, you are starting to look OLD!" You ladies know what I mean...either in the morning or in the evening when no one else is in the bathroom but you...the make-up comes off and so do the clothes. It still amazes me how much make-up and clothing can truly hide. There is nothing more brutally honest, uncensored and unedited than looking at yourself in the mirror...in the buff and without at stitch of make-up...nothing is hidden any longer. I didn't like what was looking back at me this morning.
So, I began to think about the days of my youth and my current days to "elder hood". What did I like and dislike about myself when I was younger verses what I like and dislike about my current age status.
I thought that I would list 5 likes and 5 dislikes about my age now and ask you to send me your comments doing the same.
On your comments...this includes anonymous writers also...you are welcome to leave your comments, just leave your first name or initials...please.
List your age in one of the following categories:
Then list whether you are male or female and list 5 likes and dislikes of your current age...you can also compare it to your youth, if you are older, if you want to.
This should be fun :) To see the differences in what we see in ourselves vs. what others might see. Please participate...can you hear me begging???
- All the lessons that I have successfully learned and haven't made those mistakes again
- Spiritual growth...all the trials in my life has brought about so much spiritual growth...even I can see it...others already had.
- Feeling secure in my marriage...Roger loves me for ME...not what I look like...PTL!
- Growing old with my husband...retirement, hopefully, if there is anything left of Social Security in 10 years!
- Blessed with a wonderful family...children, son-in-law and grandson...I love each and everyone of them...they might our lives complete.
- Gray hair...Hello, Miss Clairol!
- Wrinkles....Grrrrr...Hello, Oil of Olay!
- Age Spots...any suggestions...other than a tanning bed :)
- Metabolism...can't skip a meal anymore and lose 5 pounds!
- Energy Level...here I go...dragging myself to the gym :(
Now, I know that I'm not really that old, but the old saying..."you are as old as you feel"...well, some days...I feel ancient. I will never forget when I started working for the first doctor in 1985 and made the statement that anyone over 30 was ancient. Little did I know that everyone that I was working with was over 30...they never let me forget it either. I was 22 at the time.
This is just for fun...I am exactly where God wants me to be and I am content. However, God wants us to take care of ourselves and be healthy...those are the changes that I am working on right now.
Let's look at God's Word on Youth and Old Age:
1 Timothy 4:12
Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example for other believers in your speech, behavior, love, faithfulness, and purity. (International Standard)
He fills my life with good things, so that I stay young and strong like an eagle. (GN)
[Growing in grace] they shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be full of sap [of spiritual vitality] and [rich in the] verdure [of trust, love, and contentment]. (Amplified)
Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you! I have done it, and I will carry you; And I will bear you and I will deliver you. (NAS)
Let's have some fun with this...."laughter does good like a medicine"...my interpretation.