Wednesday, September 3, 2008

NEVER!

Here are my thoughts on the word....NEVER. I shared this with Dorinda at http://www.findingtreasureinjarsofclay.blogspot.com/ and she posted it back in February before I started blogging, however, I feel the need to post it to my blog today...for myself...for you...only God knows who this is for.

This occurred to me many months ago while praying for a good friend's mother, who had been suffering with serious physical problems. Her physical problems were too numerous for me to remember, much less, remember the names of the different conditions. As I was calling her name out before the Lord, I said "Lord, I couldn't begin to name all the things that are wrong with her but You know what they are. I asked that you give her physical strength, mental strength and emotional strength, as well as, her healing in her body."

I began to quote:

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you,"

I was referring to my friend's mother and God knowing exactly where she was physically, mentally and emotionally. This scripture kept going over and over again in my mind, even though, I was really busy doing other things by then...so I began to quote the latter part of the verse out loud. The word NEVER would not escape me and I just began to repeat the word over and over NEVER....NEVER....NEVER. More amazement came with each time that I said the word out loud. With the amazement, came revelation knowledge and then came excitement!

I began to think, really think, about the word itself... Wow! What a big word with such promise and power.

NEVER...has no end, knows no limitation, positively not going to happen!!!

Then I began to feel God speak to me about that simple word....NEVER. He is the only person that really has the right to use it because He is the only one that can truly honor the promise of NEVER. No one else is qualified to make that promise regarding anything, anyone or any situation.

We use it frequently but can't actually make a true commitment of the word. We find ourselves either promising one of the following or having one of the following promised to us...

  • "I will never stop loving you"
  • "I will never leave you"
  • "I will never change"
  • "I will never tell anyone (secrets)"
  • "I will never do this or never do that"
We can do our best and might be successful in some areas that involves the promise of NEVER....but all we can do is what we can humanly do.
  • Situations change.
  • Circumstances change.
  • People change.
  • Relationships change.
  • Life just happens.
But God is successful 100% of the time....NEVER changing, NEVER wavering, NEVER doubting....just plain NEVER.

So when God says "NEVER"....He means NEVER! That is a promise that we can count on because He is the same yesterday, today and forever. He NEVER changes. We change but God NEVER does.

You can rest in His promise to you today, you can trust Him fully because His Word NEVER lies and it NEVER will.

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones