Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I Am A Kept Woman

I received this email from my sister last week and I thought it was very fitting to use it following my entry yesterday. Thanks, Sis! We are faced each and every day with choices...we have to chose to do the right or wrong thing, what to say or not to say, who to believe or not believe and most importantly, how we will act in the face of a tough situation. This is from my heart and I pray it will minister to you as it has me.

I Am A "Kept" Woman



You see, there were a few times when I thought I would lose my mind, but GOD kept me sane. (Isa. 26:3)

There were times when I thought I could go no longer, but the LORD kept me moving. (Gen 28:15)

At times, I've wanted to lash out at those whom I felt had done me wrong, but the LORD kept my mouth shut. (Psa. 13)

Sometimes, I think the money just isn't enough, but GOD has helped me to keep the lights on, the water on, the car paid, the house paid, etc.., (Matt. 6:25 -34)

When I thought I would fall, HE kept me up. When I thought I was weak, HE kept me strong! (I Pet. 5:7, Matt. 11:28-30)

I could go on and on and on, but I'm sure you hear me! I'm blessed to be 'kept.'


This is my prayer today:

Dear Heavenly Father:

I thank you today because I can come before your throne and lay my burdens at your feet. I don't have to see to believe or feel to believe...all I have to do is to TRUST IN YOU!

Heavenly Father,

I trust my life in your hands,
I trust my future in your hands,
I trust my finances in your hands,
I trust my family in your hands,
I trust if any of my family members do not know you as their Lord and personal Savior...you will draw them unto you, receive them into your kingdom upon their profession of faith, repentance of sins and acknowledging you as the ONE TRUE GOD,
I trust if any of my family members are not living for you to day that you will draw them back to you,
I trust my family's eternal salvation in your hands,
I trust my family's health and safety in your hands,
I trust that you will make a way where their seems to be no way,
I trust in your timing, not my time,
I trust that you know what is best for me and my family,
I trust you in all things.

I am so thankful, Jesus that I don't have to see it to believe it, I don't have to feel it to believe it and even when it seems that the world is crashing down around us...you are always in control and nothing catches you by surprise.

I still believe the saying that I was taught as a youth...
BELIEVE AND RECEIVE
DOUBT AND DO WITHOUT!

God, you know that it is not easy to walk by faith and believe in a very negative, evil world that we live in today...but you never ask us to trust only when things were perfect but you ask us to trust you in all things, give thanks in all things, praise you in all things and you will take care of the rest.

I thank you, Father that I serve an awesome, loving, merciful, gracious and forgiving God. I love you, Lord! No matter how many times I stumble and fall, you are right there to pick me up, brush off the dirt, take my hand and say "Come child, I will hold your hand, I will keep you safe, I will lead you and guide you...if you will only trust me and let me walk this road with you".

I pray that each person that reads this today will feel the same joy and security that I feel right now knowing that I can TRUST you and that I am a KEPT woman.

In Jesus, precious name!

I pray that you have a blessed day in Him. Below are some scripture on TRUSTING in God from the New American Standard version.

Psalms 31:14 But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD, I say "You are my God."

Psalms 33:21 For our heart rejoices in Him, Because we trust in His holy name.

Psalms 37:5 Commit you way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He will do it.

Psalms 56:3 When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You.

Psalms 56:4 In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me?

Psalms 56:5 By awesome deeds You answer us in righteousness, O God of our salvation, You who are the trust of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest sea;

Psalms 91:2 I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust!"

Psalms 115:11 You who fear the Lord, trust in the Lord' He is their help and their shield.

Psalms 143:8 Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning; For I trust in You; Teach me the way in which I should walk; For to You I lift up my soul.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.

Isaiah 12:2 "Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the LORD GOD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation."

Isaiah 26:4 "Trust in the LORD forever, For in GOD the LORD, we have an everlasting Rock.

Hebrews 2:13 And again, "I WILL PUT MY TRUST IN HIM." And again, "BEHOLD, I AND THE CHILDREN WHO GOD AS GIVEN ME."



3 comments:

  1. We serve an awesome God!!! Within 5 seconds of posting this entry, I received a phone call and God provided just what we were in need of in regards to the disappointing news that we received Monday night. He provides and blesses his children even when we don't always joyfully trust in Him. He knows our hearts, hears our cries, forgives us when we repent and provides all that we will ever need. Praise The Lord! I love Him so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had internet issues today and just now was able to get on your blog at this late hour. But, boy was it worth the wait. Thanks for this powerful blog. God is indeed faithful. Blessings

    rlb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones