Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Little Bit About Myself

I am 45 years old (not ashamed to say but proud to see another year these days...many don't), I've been married for 17 years on February 23rd to the most wonderful, kind, loving man on earth...in my eyes, however, you should feel the same way about your spouse. I have 4 wonderful children...2 stepdaughters and 2 sons. Our children range in age from 13 to 29 with 1 precious grandson, who is 6 years old. My family means the world to me, but my children are not perfect nor have they lived perfect lives...part of the struggles and victories that I will talk about. I work full-time for a OB/GYN but I work from home. I have the greatest job...able to bring home a paycheck, be home with my son if he is sick, be home with him all summer, work at my own pace, don't have to put miles on my car and never have to buy work clothes...can work in my pajamas...if I chose to. All of this sounds wonderful but life has not always been smooth sailing...contrary to that...it has been an extremely rough terrain.

Genesis 50:20 (NIV)
"You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done..."

We are living testamonies to this scripture. Always remember....no matter how things feel, look or what is actually happening around you.....GOD IS IN CONTROL AND HE KNOWS WHAT IS BEST...Let Him be GOD.

I intend to post the first few blogs letting you get to know me alittle bit more. I am a very private, stay to myself type of person but God has been stretching me over the past year and I feel this is the direction He is leading. My prayer is that you might gain insight or comfort in the struggles and glorious victories that we have been through. If I can be of any help to anyone...that is why I am here. It seems like I say more and more often....Been there and done that!...I can promise you that most of the time...I didn't handle things right when they started to unravel and I suffered because of it. But, God is a gracious and loving Father who forgives us, picks us up, brushes the dirt off of us and takes our hand....saying to us "Come child, let me lead and guide you....I love you and I will take care of you"....we just have to let Him.

My next entry will be one of several (I'm a very detailed person & don't want these too lengthy) where I will share my love story to a wonderful husband and truly a God send.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by today and sharing your heart felt thoughts with me. As we ride "Through the Storms of Life" together, chances are...your situation is different than mine. However, we serve the same awesome God, King of Kings who is in complete control and it all belongs to Him anyway...He wants to give you the very best. Be encouraged my friend, God loves you!

Thank you again for taking the time to visit me at "Through the Storms of Life".

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones