It has been a long time since I have blogged but I wanted to post a quick on this morning before we leave the United States of America and head to Ayangue, Ecuador.
Our church is taking a missions team this year back to Ecuador to hopefully, finish Phase I of the ONLY Assemblies of God campground in the entire country.
God has blessed our family with donations and sponsorships from our family and friends so that our trip is nearly 100% financed. We are praying that God will pour out his blessings on each person that invested in our lives and in His outstretched hand to the Ecuadorian people.
We had originally planned to take Tyler to Washington DC, NYC, Cape Cod and Niagra Falls this summer...his dream vacation that he has wanted to go on for several years.
But, after sitting in church in mid-March listening to different ones testify about their missions trip experiences and our MAPS leader take about Ecuador and this year's trip...he came home wanting to go to Ecuador instead.
We asked him numerous times..."are you sure?", "you know you are going to work, right?" and his answer was always the same..."Yes, I'm sure, yes, I know that I'm going to work and YES, I WANT TO GO TO ECUADOR INSTEAD OF OUR PLANNED VACATION."
So, I cancelled my hotel reservations that I had already made and we shifted gears...we are off to Ecuador to "Shine The Light In Ecuador"...spreading God's love to everyone we meet.
Please be in prayer for our missions team as we fly out tomorrow from Memphis, TN at 2:15 PM and arrive in Guayaquil, Ecuador at 10:30 PM Saturday night. We will return on Friday, June 18th at 7:55 AM after flying all night.
There are 34 of us going this year and 11 of these are youth! PTL! We are asking people to pray for the following prayer points and we would covet your prayers. This will be a life changing experience for each member of this team.
- Pray for willing hands and a servant's heart
- Pray for flexibility to deal with a variety of situations & understanding
- Pray for unity-so we can function as a team...team spirit
- Pray for good working weather
- Pray that God will supernaturally give us the needed skills to complete whatever task is set before us
- Pray that we will be a blessing to Missionaries Phil and Deanna Barber and the Ecuadorian Church
- Pray for health, strength, endurance and wisdom
- Pray for safe travel and safety while in their country
- Compassion for the work in Ecuador
- Compassionate Heart for the people of Ecuador
I can't wait to get back in 14 days to share our experiences and lots of pictures.
Have a wonderfully blessed day!